First of all, I want to thank everyone for following me on Twitter. You may also have noticed the current Tweets on the blog at the lower right sidebar. I hope that you have enjoyed it as much as I have. I have tried not to bombard everyone with crazy ramblings about what I am ate for breakfast this morning (Special K) or about the guy that cut me off on the freeway. I like to think that I tweet about interesting or helpful things.
Here is an example of some of my recent Tweets….
- Only 53% of Americans bank online a recent study found. Are you kidding? Everyone needs to bank and pay bills online. You can save tons!
- 525 magazines closed last year! I love subscribing to magazines, but there are that many? 47 have already closed in 2009!
- It sucks that AIG’s board of directors entered in such crappy contracts, but a contract is a contract. We will go down a slippery slope soon.
- More than 10% of the companies in the S&S 500 index trades for under $5. What a great opportunity to finally own good penny stocks!
As you can see by a small sampling of my Tweets above, it is not just personal finance and money topics that I have covered, but I promise that I won’t talk about breakfast, traffic, or what I’m doing tomorrow. Oh, and if you follow me on Twitter, you will also be the first to know when I have posted a new blog entry here at Own The Dollar. What a deal!
Again…thank you all for following me. If you are not already a Twitter user, you should sign up. It’s simple and there are tons of great information out there. You can even sign up to receive Own The Dollar’s Tweets as a text message right on your cell phone.
- 18.5 billion text messages are now sent every month. Can you believe that? And, I do not have unlimited texts. Maybe I should change that.
And my wife wonders why our cell phone bill is so high! Thanks again for listening to me ramble and for all the support.
If you haven’t already, be sure to follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/ownthedollar and please feel free to forward this blog posting and our Tweets to all of your friends! Thanks…