- Going back to school for a Masters Degree
- Setting up 529 college savings plans for my children the day we got their social security numbers in the mail.
- Investing in a Roth IRA with my first real paycheck (I wish I had started when I was mowing lawns when I was 12 years-old….see: “Make Your Child a Multi-Millionaire Tax Free with a Roth IRA”
- Picking the right woman to get married to. Do you realize how expensive a divorce is?
- Paying off my mountain of credit card debt
- Diversifying my portfolio between large, mid, small, and international stock mutual funds.
- Finding excellent mutual funds with great fund managers.
- Investing in my employer’s 401-k plan. They are going to start matching soon!
- Buying my first house and negotiating the mortgage.
- Constantly monitoring my credit report like a hawk and working to fix all of the little mistakes as they pop up.
In the past, I have shared with you the four worst money mistakes that I have ever made. I thought that it would be a nice change of pace to share with you a few of the successes. If you have missed a few of these, it is never too late.
What would be your investing / money claim to fame? What has been your very best money decision you ever made?