The folks at GetEducated.com have done it again. Now they have a great article on their website listing some free online classes that can help you keep your job or find a new one if you have been one of the millions of Americans who have been laid off this past year.
Now, I’m not talking about cheap crazy online workshops where you will not get much out of spending your time on these websites. These are classes in some of the hottest areas in our economy like iPhone application creation. And, these classes are brought to you by some of the leaders in education, both online and at brick and mortar institutions such as Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and others.
Top Ten Free Online Classes….
1. iPhone Application Programming – Stanford University (free course training people in iPhone application creation)
2. Learn Spanish Through Social Networking
Livemocha – free online service that uses social networking to help you learn a new language
Mango Languages – complimentary basic lessons for 10 major languages
3. How to Win Customers in a Slowing Economy – Small Business Administration
4. Going Green – State University of New York’s College of Environmental Science and Forestry.
5. Blogs, Wiki and New Media for Learning – Utah State University.
6. Teaching With Technology – University of Maryland University College (one of my alma maters!)
7. Medical Terminology – Miami Dade College’s School of Applied Health
8. Principles of Financial Accounting – College of Eastern Utah
9. Grant-seeking basics – Minnesota Council on Foundations.
10. Project Management – Open University.
Extra Classes for Free….
- MIT offers a System and Project Management course
- Foundation Center’s free “Proposal Writing Short Course
- MIT’s Ecology II: Engineering for Sustainability
- Michigan State University’s Teach Online
- Exploring Web 2.0″ by Instructional Technology Services of Central Ohio
- Small Business Development Center in conjunction with Kitzman University has produced a series of four accounting lessons using slides, audio, and case studies.