Well, it is another end of the Major League baseball season. And, once again, my beloved Atlanta Braves have bit the dust and not made it to the playoffs. Although, I actually thought that they might make a late season run for the National League’s wild card spot. You can see some of the promotional propaganda that the Braves’ PR crew put out right at the end of the season when they were surging.
The end of the regular baseball season also marks the end of my first season participating in a fantasy baseball league. Several personal finance bloggers were lucky enough to be invited to compete in our very own league by Patrick of CashMoneyLife (who also won our league). You might have remembered when I wrote about what I had learned at the All Star break about my fantasy team and how it reminded me of lessons about money and investing.
Needless to say, I stink and came in….well, near the bottom, but we really don’t have to talk about that part. Congrats to Patrick and his overall title as champion of our fantasy league. Here are some great articles from the awesome bunch of personal finance bloggers that made up the league in the order of their ending rankings.
Fantasy baseball final results and a recent article from their blog:
- Cash Money All-Stars – Top 10 Consumer Complaints And How to Protect Yourself
- Free From Broke – Ten Things I Learned Moving & Tips
- Stupid Cents – 10 Excuses That Keep You in Credit Card Debt,
- 49k in Consumer Debt (no website).
- No Debt Plan – Active Trading Can Ruin Your Investment Returns
- Jarheads Maniacs – VA Loans.
- MLR Fun Cooker’s – Ten Ways To Cut Back And Still Look Good
- Budgets are $exy – How To Pay Rent By Volunteering For Science Experiments (Is that shameless promotion? A kick butt guest post though if I do say so myself!)
- Steadfast Finances – Ten Reasons Investing In Gold Is A Bad Idea
- Seacub 2000 (no website).
- Own The Dollar – (Like my wife said…at least I’m not last…thanks Jeff!)
- The Big Sticks – What are Mortgage Points and Should You Buy Them?
Other Notable articles from my RSS reader:
Gold Hype? You’re Being Taken For a Ride – Darwins Finance
Stock Beta – Weakonomics (A great subject that many investors do not understand, but you should!)
10 Attributes Of The Perpetually Broke – Bible Money Matters
Seven Lessons Learned from a Failed Attempt to Refinance a Mortgage – The Dough Roller
How To Prioritize Your Debt Repayment Plan – Moolanomy