I recently wrote an article about the Top 30 Personal Finance Bloggers that you should be following on Twitter. These bloggers are doing some amazing things on Twitter opening up great discussions about finance, investing, retirement, and other money topics. These guys and gals are not sharing with you what they had for breakfast or trying to sell you their latest get rich quick scheme. They are giving out great tips, giving away awesome freebies, and talking about some of helpful financial products out there available to help people.
So, I thought that it would be great to point out the top fifteen certified financial planners (CFP) that are spreading some great information, tips, articles, and other tidbits around the web through Twitter not just to their clients but to everyone. Some of these CFPs have their own websites or blogs as well and those websites are listed next to their Twitter username below.
Top 15 Certified Financial Planners On Twitter…
- June Walbert – @AskJune_USAA – June is a Certified Financial Planner who works for one of the greatest banks and financial behemoths in the world, USAA.
- Jeff Rose – @jjeffrose – Jeff is the co-founder of Alliance Investment Planning Group and blogs on his site Good Financial Cents. He is by far one of my favorite CFPs who blog and really use Twitter to teach others about their finances. You should definitely check him out.
- Jeremy Vohwinkle – @JeremyVoh – Jeremy is Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor, writer blogs on his very popular site Generation X Finance.
- Rose Greene – @rosegreenecfp – Rose owns Rose Greene Financial Services, LPL Financial, Santa Monica, CA and blogs at Money Matters
- Cathy Curtis – @curtisfinancial – Cathy owns Curtis Financial Planning is an independent, fee-only financial planning and investment advisory firm located in Oakland, California. You can also read her blog.
- Jacob Gold, CFP – @financialintel – Jacob has written about of money management and asset allocation and been featured in top publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, Forbes, the Chicago Tribune, Worth Magazine, and others. Check out his website at Real Financial Intelligence
- Jay Peroni, CFP – @jayperoni – Jay is a financial advisor, blogger, writer, and public speaker who focus on faith based financial planning. You can check him out at his website.
- Eleanor Blayney, CFP – @EleanorBlayney – Eleanor Blayney is the CFP Board’s Consumer Advocate and writes at the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP Board) website CFP.net
- Bill Winterberg, CFP – @billwinterberg – Bill is a Technology columnist for Morningstar Advisor and advisors4advisors.com, technology consultant to financial planners based in Dallas, TX.
- Rick Kahler, CFP – @RickKahler – Rick is Fee-only Financial Planner, Author, Speaker, and Columnist who blogs on his website Kahler Financial Group.
- Sheryl Garrett – @SherylGarrett – Sheryl is the founder of the Garrett Planning Network the leading international network of hourly based fee only advisors.
- Michael E. Kitces, CFP – @MichaelKitces – Michael is a financial planning professional who is a lifelong learner, writer, and public speaker who runs the website Kitces.com.
- RJ Weiss – @RJWeiss – RJ is a financial planner, entrepreneur, and blogger who runs the website Gen Y Wealth.
- Carl Richard – @BehaviorGap – Carl formed Prasada Capital Management and blogs at Behavior Gap. You also have to check out his finance and investing sketches. They are incredible!
- Neal Frankle – @NealFrankle – Neal formed Prasada Capital Management and blogs at The Wealth Pilgrim.
- Lynn Ballou, CFP – @ballouplum – Lynn is of Ballou Plum Wealth Advisors in Lafayette, CA and was recently named as a CFP Board Ambassador for the SF bay Area. You can visit her site at Ballou Plum Wealth Advisors.
- Allen Giese, ChFC – @PortfolioMgr – Allen is a registered advisor and the President of Northstar Finance Planners in Florida.
- Paul Nichols – Paul is a Registered Investment Advisor who is the founder of Financial Abundance headquartered in State College, PA. While not on Twitter, Paul has a great podcast available on his site, Financial Abundance, Inc. and iTunes.
Okay, you caught me. So, they are all not quite CFPs. In addition to these great Certified Financial Planners should be following, there are also financial advisors and registered investment advisors that fit the bill of “must follow” as well. Those who are known CFPs were listed with the credentials by their names. If I have made an error, please drop me a line through the contact page, and I will fix your listing.