2010 has been an incredible year for the blog. I appreciate everyone’s support of Own The Dollar. I have big plans for the blog in 2011. I want to continue to grow the blog over the next year. Thank you so much for all of your support over the past year! Here are my main goals to achieve by December 31, 2011 for Own The Dollar.
Goals For Own The Dollar In 2011
- Alexa Ranking: Own The Dollar has an Alexa Ranking of 543,000. I would love to drop it down to 250,000.which would be very aggressive over the next year.
- Visitors: The blog currently has over 10,000 visitors per month. I would love to triple that number over the next year.
- Feedburner Subscribers: My goal is to add 1,000 subscribers throughout next year.
- MoneyCrashers ranking: Own The Dollar is currently ranked 302nd in Money Crasher’s ranking of personal finance blogs. My goal is to get Own The Dollar to under 150.
- Twitter Followers: Own The Dollar currently has over 1,940 Twitter followers. I would love to increase that count to over 4,000
- Facebook: Currently the blog has 57 Facebook fans. I would love to see that over 100. This is definitely an area that I have been slack on.
I will continue to post updates throughout the year as I attempt to meet these goals for the blog.
Don’t forget the top six things you can do to spread the word about Own The Dollar…
1. Subscribe by email or RSS. Visiting Own The Dollar’s website is great, but for many people, it’s more convenient to receive the articles in another form. It’s easy to get Own The Dollar’s content by email or in your RSS feeder (if you’re unfamiliar with what RSS is, you can check out Google Reader. You can find links to sign up for the RSS feed and e-mail feed at the bottom of each blog posting as well as on the upper right sidebar of the blog.
2. Comment. I always encourage everyone to interact with each article on Own The Dollar. I never censor real comments made by a real, live person. They are a huge part of a blog and add greatly to the lively discussion. Just add your comments to the bottom of a post and join in the discussion.
3. Follow Own The Dollar on Twitter. I refuse to tell you when I am heading to Wal-Mart or what I am eating for dinner tonight through Twitter. I mean….do you really care? I don’t even care about hearing that kind of crap. But, I will post tons of interesting articles, great websites, inspiring quotes, extra follow-up material, financial commentary, and other great personal finance information on Twitter @OwnTheDollar and @HankColeman
4. Send me your questions and suggestions. Send me an email and let me know what you’re thinking, what you’d like to see me discuss on the blog, and any personal finance or investing questions you might have. I respond to every single email, and I would love to hear from you.
5. Email a great article you find to a friend. Find an article here that you think one of your friends would love? Feel free to e-mail a blog posting to them! You can e-mail it to them by using the button at the bottom of this post. Or, print it out and post it around the office water cooler!
6. Write a review of Own The Dollar on Technorati.